Translate

Monday 14 January 2013

Winter Is Coming


Winter has arrived, it’s snowing today and austerity is still upon us. The current government wants to cap benefits, cap pensions, cap pay increases and then try and build thousands of homes on our green and pleasant land.
I turned 52 today and supposedly I will live forever according to my government again , well a lot longer apparently than if I was born a hundred years earlier rather than the at the beginning of the swinging sixties. Therefore they say I can work longer, save more and receive 144 pounds a week when I finally retire but at a much later date than I had assumed when I was thirty.
So even though it’s my birthday today, I shall lock the front door, pull the curtains, have a steaming cup of tea and listen to the late Vic Chesnutt. 

Enjoy
 




No comments:

Post a Comment