Translate

Friday 7 June 2013

The Game Of Life


The sun continues to shine, work is still a chore and I stopped taking my medicine. So that's a summation of my last few days. I have been getting headaches like my brain is stuffed with cotton wool, I've felt nauseous and have gone off beer, so all in all I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself.
I have even lost the urge to hurl my wrath at an unfair and cruel world but I haven't lost the urge to find and download music across the "interweb". This past week I have been filling the gaps in my Van Morrison and Flamin Groovies mp3 discographies and now that I am satisfied I can move on to someone else. I am addicted to collecting music. always have been always will be (I'm typing this listening to Bobby Whitlock - 43 tracks).
I've collected LP's, cassettes, mini-discs, CD's, singles, books , tickets and magazines. Over time though I have let a lot of this go mostly for money not for free because I had found my modus operandi I found the computer music library a fascinating and useful tool. My preferred software is WINAMP I use this to select my play lists and monitor all my music libraries. I keep everything on external hard discs , I now have three in case anything terrible happens. I'm on nearly 75,000 tracks and rising I have so much I can't possibly ever hear it all but I keep collecting it's my drug. I just feel better knowing I have a track or album that I can refer to at any given moment, it comforts me, it is my passion. Yes, I often doubt myself, question whether it is all ultimately pointless but I won't stop because the next band, the next song could be the best music I have ever heard, so my road goes on forever.
By the way I still have about 1000 vinyl albums these are my own big red book, as Eamonn Andrews used to say The Man That Time Forgot (me that is !) ' This Is Your Life'........


Enjoy  




No comments:

Post a Comment