Translate

Friday 20 December 2013

In The Shadows Of The Wine


As I may have said oft times before ‘Well it’s been awhile’. So here I am again, I thought I needed to blog at least once before the end of 2013. I have been busy trying to re-catalogue my entire digital music collection as it was all over the place on my external drives. I still have far too much music to listen to and will probably never hear the half of it but nevertheless as a lifelong collector every new album, every new track, every new artist entering my radar is a must have if it meets my musical criteria, which is very large and wide as you will already know as a life-long viewer of my blogs.
So that reminds me to give a big ‘up’ to my other internet dabbling on Tumbler with Spunky Onions and Outside The Mainstream, I still manage to post the odd track, video, and picture for both yours and my own pleasure.
Anyway since last time we have lost a great statesmen in Nelson Mandela, a great actor in Peter O’Toole, a great actress in Joan Fontaine and a great guitarist in John ‘Gypie’ Mayo……..

I suppose this being the season of goodwill I should mention Christmas, so there you have it I have finally mentioned the 'C' word and will say no more except to say I have never been much of a fan of this time of year as the unrelenting march of capitalism meets the rise of consumerism and we all pay the price. Let’s charge a £1 per plastic bag from 1st January that might make the majority of shopaholics stand back and ponder for a moment before they buy something completely pointless again and again.
 
 
 
A big Ho Ho Ho and a Merry Xmas to all my readers and listeners.
I leave you with a six-pack of top tracks today.
The Man Who Rode !!
 
 
Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment