Translate

Saturday 28 July 2012

Worse Things Happen At Sea


I’ve been a bit busy lately and I have also taken some deserved holidays, so I haven’t had much time to think about this blog and what music I want to present. Also I must admit I have been a bit lacking in ideas as well.
I thought about picking some of the songs that have always made a great impression on me and had them chosen when I got sidetracked by listening to a version of Ewan McColl’s ‘Manchester Rambler’ which then took me far away from my original idea completely and led me back to creating a classic British Folk musicians feature.
I had all the tracks ready and then I unfortunately lost interest again. I waited a few days, tried to catch up on my outstanding listening list, which is so long it often resembles the Tour De France peloton and so maybe in the most perfect symmetry I am now creating this post after watching the Olympics Cycling Road Race failure of the British Team and also feeling exhausted from watching last night’s Danny Boyle opening ceremony extravaganza that like a lot of things these days made me shout rude and obscene comments at my TV . The contradictions surrounding these latest Olympic Games make me rather angry and last night was no exception. I won’t bore anybody here with all my negative thoughts suffice to say I am still bereft of inspiration so I will leave you now with just one track from modern folk’s latest Mr Popular (not even sure if I’m being ironic here).
Enjoy

Frank Turner - Reasons Not To Be An Idiot

No comments:

Post a Comment