Translate

Saturday 20 July 2013

A Thousand Gigs Ago

 

Everyone has regrets in their lifetime, some are pretty major ones I’m sure but for now I want to mention one of my more annoying regrets. As a big music fan I am also a collector of certain stuff (or in a posh sense some memorabilia if you will).

I used to have a collection of concert tickets going way back to my first proper gig in the mid-seventies, ‘Johnny Winter And – Live At The New Victoria Theatre, London’, I don’t think the place exists today but I know I was there and can still prove it. So I always kept my tickets, torn stubs, wrist bands etc from gigs and festivals but about a year before I moved away from London I stuck them all on a bedroom wall alongside my collection of gig posters and at the time I wasn’t too bothered but now about 15 years later I would like to have them in my possession again but alas I know they were painted over by the tenants who moved in after I left the premises so that's a no go on that one…

 BUT… I did manage to keep the Johnny Winter ticket stub and as you can see it’s now on display on the internet alongside a creased ticket of one of my favourite R&B bands from the eighties ‘The Inmates’ and also alongside these is the napkin I have kept when many years ago my parents spotted Paul Jones eating in the same Indian Restaurant as we all were in Paddington, London and asked him to autograph said napkin and it’s still here today!.

Plus I can’t believe it only cost £1.50 to see Johnny Winter, how times have changed.

RIP T-Model Ford

 

Enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment